In addition to providing grants for programs and equipment, MAP also directly supports students who engage in Arts and Music programs in our high schools by offering a number of scholarships. MAP scholarships are open to any graduating senior from West Linn High School, Wilsonville High School or ArtTech High School who has:
- Participated in arts activities which must include involvement and extra-curricular activities such as:
- Solo or ensemble performances in league, district or state competitions
- Performances in school productions (e.g. plays, musicals, choir, band, orchestra)
- Competition participation in the arts
- Plans to attend a college or technical school during the next year (to pursue a course of study in any area, not necessarily related to the arts).
- Shown outstanding citizenship and has been a strong, positive role model for others.
- Promoted the visual, performing and/or technical arts programs through his/her participation and has been a mentor for peers in the program.
- Demonstrated self-motivation in the arts and has shown the arts are a large part of his/her identity.
Music and Arts Partners awards multiple scholarships of varying amounts each year. Additionally, two specific scholarships, the Morris Family Band and Theatre Scholarships ($1000 each), are open only to West Linn High School graduating seniors or alumni who have participated in band or theatre and are awarded based on need using the FAFSA score or personal statement of need.
To apply for a MAP scholarship or a Morris Family Scholarship (or both):
- Complete scholarship application
- Obtain two recommendations from teachers or others familiar with your work and character
- Write a one-page essay describing/outlining how the arts will be a part of your college, career or life plans
- Return all items to your school’s Career Center by April 12, 2013
NOTE: ArtTech High School students should return applications to either West Linn High School or Wilsonville High School (based on their residence location).
Scholarship application forms are available for download from this website. Please print, complete and return (with required recommendations and essay) to the Career Center at West Linn High School or Wilsonville High School no later than April 12, 2013.